Friday, November 17, 2006

Crazy Week

I feel like a chicken with its head cut off. Well maybe not. But I feel like I'been running around getting nothing done anyway.

Swim is great, run feels good. Can't find more than an hour and a half to cycle. It sucks, cause after trans rockies I was GOOD to go. Never better on the bike. I hate to think I'm giving that fitness back. But work and school hafta take priority.

Got to see myself in an actual triathlon magazine. Uber cool. Article was real well written, unlike this blogpost tonight. I'm up way too late, MEGA lost points, but had to work, and now felt like I should write something after the day I had.

4K swim this am. Too easy almost. Technique is bang on, right where I left off prior to February surgery. Glad to have it back two months into training. Still scheming as to what races to do next year. Definitely want to do IMC, but it may take a miracle to get me in. Otherwise, I hear Ottawa calling my name. Also going to go to Canadian Long Course Championships in Osoyoos. Tough bike, which may or may not be to my liking.

ITU changed their long course standards though. I can't speak from experience but I kinda think that the switch from 4K swim - 120K bike - 30K run to 3-80-20 is kinda bunk. It changes the format so much that the fast-twitch boys will be able to rip it up too quick for the slowtwitch guys like me. It's bad enough at the half-iron distance.

Oh well, I guess I just hafta go faster.

Thanks Brian for writing that awesome article. Guys like me, we admire people like you who have the full-time jobs, full-time families and still manage to squeeze in the training to finish the tri's. So anyone reading who thinks they don't have time to train and workout regularly. You do. Brian does. And he's got 4 kids.

Jasper Blake is racing in Aus tomorrow, or the day after if you are in my timezone. Go Jazz go... I'm calling something special. Check back soon for results.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home